News and NewsLetter
We are looking for Donations of Devices you would like us to Develope for Msg ANY of the Admins for more Information..
- Update to Lollipop -
Tinkering some more with AOSP. Oddly enough, this is on the Logic . This feature is fully functional and is nice to have.
Added to portal by Motorhead - November 27, 2014, 02:31:08 AM
Update the XT1063 or XT1064 to Android Lollipop
This guide will help you update your Moto - XT1063 or XT1064 to the latest android OS Lollipop. Even if you have rooted or edited the phone in a way that did not allow this update anymore.
The update.zip isn't in this guide.
Warning:I/We are not responsible for you bricking your device.
Here is the Guide with links to the firmware & a One Click to help you with the update to Lollipop if you have been tampering with your system & recovery. ALL INFO WILL BE WIPED FROM YOUR INTERNAL SD.
Start by making a new folder to put all your downloaded files into one place. "Do not" unzip the Blur_Version.21.11.17.... file. After any of the packages are unzipped make sure there files are all moved to this same folder.
1)Download the drivers if you haven't already from HERE.
2)Download mfastboot-v2 from HERE.
3)Get your Stock firmware HERE.
4)Download THIS ONE CLICK to restore the system or THIS ONE CLICK
to lock the bootloader & restore the system at the same time.
5)To root the XT1063 DOWNLOAD THIS. There is no knowen working files for the XT1064.
6)Now that you have all the files you need fallow the steps as they pertain to you. Note that if you want root "do not" run the Stock_N_Lock_bootloader.bat.
Install the drivers from the Moto tool & restart your PC.
Power "off your phone. Then holding the volume down button push & release the power button. Now plug the USB cable into your phone & PC then pick the "One Click that you want to run & double click it. A cmd window will open & run.
When it is finished select start up normally from the list on your phone by pressing the volume up button. Your phone is now factory reset & needs your account info entered. The account info can be done now or later. You my have to unplug then plug the USB back into your phone to get the PC to see it as a media device again. Now copy the Blur_Version.21.11.17.... that belongs to your phone to the root of the internal SD. Then unhook the USB & power off your phone.
Reboot your phone into the bootloader & scroll down to recovery to select it. With the dead Android on the screen there is two different ways of getting into recovery. Ether push both volume buttons at the same time or hold volume up & push & release the power button depending on your model of phone. Select install update from SD card by scrolling to it & pressing the power button.
Enjoy Android L.
The one click for root didn't work for me so I made a new one that can be found HERE. Place this the new OneClickRoot.bat with the other files & run it.
Only the One Click files belong to me so I will not be hosting other peoples files. You will be redirected to their site for those files. Since the links are not mine I can't help you with broken links.
Thanks to Motorola & Chainfire for releasing the files.
For more information or to leave comments or questions - Click here: http://androidarea51.com/moto-g-2nd-gen/lollipop-guide-one-click/
Added to portal by AA51 Dev Team - November 16, 2014, 10:44:49 AM
Help Out Our Site!!!!
We would like to ask everyone on our site to please disable any "Ad Blockers" that you use while on our site. Our site is kept alive by donations and the money we make off ads. This site has always been able to maintain itself with these methods but recently the ad revenue has been falling and the site is starting to cost more then we make.
On average the site costs roughly $70 per month to maintain, this includes the Dedicated servers for the site and all the files we host (roms, apps, unlocking tools, pictures, etc..) and separate VPS's for the IRC chats. As we grew and have had to upgrade from shared hosting to semi dedicated to ultimately our own dedicated server. The costs threw these steps has obviously went up each time. We have been lucky so far as all the ads and our great members have always helped us and for the most part we have been able to cover all the costs.
We have never made any profit on this site and anything extra we ever received has went right back into upgrades, phones, or used on months that we did not get enough revenue to cover the costs.
Site Cost: $70
How Can You Help?
1. Disable your adblockers on our site..... we do not have any popup ads, they are all banners along the side or in the middle of the site, and we do not have any type of "auto redirects" that will force you to a ad site. But everytime a ad appears we get money for that, and if you see something you like in a ad then please go check it out by clicking on it.
2. I have also added a new option for people who would like to advertise on our site. You will see some new spots to place ads on our site like this:
All you have to do is sign up for a site called Project Wonderful Then you can click where it says "Your Ad Here $*.**" and have your sites ad placed on our site. I have personally used Project Wonderful for some of my things and found them to be very easy to use.
3. Donations! We can always use a hand if you have some spare money and would like to help us out. Just click the button to find out more on that or just let one of the staff members know that you would like to donate.
4. Add our banner to your signature on other sites, or post it on other webpages. Also mentioning our site or posting our banner on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and/or any other social media sites is very helpful to us. They are called "Back Links" or "Referrers" and these really help our site on search engine results. Here are some html codes you can use to post our banner
For forum sites (signatures or normal posts):
For normal websites:
Added to portal by PureEvil - August 06, 2014, 12:02:05 PM
I know Gingerbread is old, but some of our supported devices aren't 4.0 ready, so I've been modifying AA51's 2.3.7 base for said devices.
The roamer (ZTE Avail/Merit) in particular is my focus, and it's coming along fine. Getting more stable by the build
Eventually, I'll be applying these changes to higher versions of Android for our other devices .
Added to portal by Motorhead - July 03, 2014, 09:32:41 PM
Do to some Issues with the Provider we would like to apologize for the Site being down, everything should be back to normal now.
Added to portal by AA51 Dev Group - June 03, 2014, 08:04:26 AM
Idiot's Guide: Samsung Galaxy Centura rom/root SCH-S738C
How to install a custom recovery and rom for the samsung galaxy centura - SCH-S738C
Added to portal by - April 29, 2014, 10:29:41 PM
I've successfully booted pure AOSP on the android emulator as well as one of my dev phones! Meaning our code is workable!
I've laid partial device configurations out for a couple devices, so we can start the true development of our favorite phones.
Hop to it all .
Added to portal by Motorhead - December 07, 2013, 08:29:56 PM
Okay guys, due to my job I have not had the time to spend fixing things as much as I needed to. However I'm going to try to spend some time on it over the next couple weeks. So I need to know what problems there are so I can fix them, please reply to this post with any and all problems you have come across on the forums.
Reply Here: Click Me!
A few rules to this:
1. I am talking about technical problems with the website, not your problems with staff, members, your girlfriend or anything else like that.... talk to the other mods and admin about those things.
2. This is also not for problems with roms, apps, installs, uninstalls or anything that involves your phone or tablet unless it is about viewing the site.
3. I don't need to be told about updates for the forum or plugins for it, I know about them and that is one of the top things on my list.
4. Please DO include any new or old features you would like to see added or removed from or to the site.
5. If you have found any broken links or images please let me know, I cant fix them if I don't know about them.
6. I believe Phydeux runs the IRC's, however I can fix things on them too if they need it and he is not around.
Thank You and sorry for the delay on all this,
Added to portal by PureEvil - October 31, 2013, 12:15:10 PM
Pages:  2
Total Members: 34579
Total Posts: 30294
Total Topics: 3217
Total Categories: 33
Total Boards: 301