News and NewsLetter
Help Out Our Site!!!!
We would like to ask everyone on our site to please disable any "Ad Blockers" that you use while on our site. Our site is kept alive by donations and the money we make off ads. This site has always been able to maintain itself with these methods but recently the ad revenue has been falling and the site is starting to cost more then we make.
On average the site costs roughly $70 per month to maintain, this includes the Dedicated servers for the site and all the files we host (roms, apps, unlocking tools, pictures, etc..) and separate VPS's for the IRC chats. As we grew and have had to upgrade from shared hosting to semi dedicated to ultimately our own dedicated server. The costs threw these steps has obviously went up each time. We have been lucky so far as all the ads and our great members have always helped us and for the most part we have been able to cover all the costs.
We have never made any profit on this site and anything extra we ever received has went right back into upgrades, phones, or used on months that we did not get enough revenue to cover the costs.
Site Cost: $70
How Can You Help?
1. Disable your adblockers on our site..... we do not have any popup ads, they are all banners along the side or in the middle of the site, and we do not have any type of "auto redirects" that will force you to a ad site. But everytime a ad appears we get money for that, and if you see something you like in a ad then please go check it out by clicking on it.
2. I have also added a new option for people who would like to advertise on our site. You will see some new spots to place ads on our site like this:
All you have to do is sign up for a site called Project Wonderful Then you can click where it says "Your Ad Here $*.**" and have your sites ad placed on our site. I have personally used Project Wonderful for some of my things and found them to be very easy to use.
3. Donations! We can always use a hand if you have some spare money and would like to help us out. Just click the button to find out more on that or just let one of the staff members know that you would like to donate.
4. Add our banner to your signature on other sites, or post it on other webpages. Also mentioning our site or posting our banner on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and/or any other social media sites is very helpful to us. They are called "Back Links" or "Referrers" and these really help our site on search engine results. Here are some html codes you can use to post our banner
For forum sites (signatures or normal posts):
For normal websites:
Added to portal by PureEvil - August 06, 2014, 12:02:05 PM
I know Gingerbread is old, but some of our supported devices aren't 4.0 ready, so I've been modifying AA51's 2.3.7 base for said devices.
The roamer (ZTE Avail/Merit) in particular is my focus, and it's coming along fine. Getting more stable by the build
Eventually, I'll be applying these changes to higher versions of Android for our other devices .
Added to portal by Motorhead - July 03, 2014, 09:32:41 PM
Do to some Issues with the Provider we would like to apologize for the Site being down, everything should be back to normal now.
Added to portal by AA51 Dev Group - June 03, 2014, 08:04:26 AM
Idiot's Guide: Samsung Galaxy Centura rom/root SCH-S738C
How to install a custom recovery and rom for the samsung galaxy centura - SCH-S738C
Added to portal by - April 29, 2014, 10:29:41 PM
I've successfully booted pure AOSP on the android emulator as well as one of my dev phones! Meaning our code is workable!
I've laid partial device configurations out for a couple devices, so we can start the true development of our favorite phones.
Hop to it all .
Added to portal by Motorhead - December 07, 2013, 08:29:56 PM
Okay guys, due to my job I have not had the time to spend fixing things as much as I needed to. However I'm going to try to spend some time on it over the next couple weeks. So I need to know what problems there are so I can fix them, please reply to this post with any and all problems you have come across on the forums.
Reply Here: Click Me!
A few rules to this:
1. I am talking about technical problems with the website, not your problems with staff, members, your girlfriend or anything else like that.... talk to the other mods and admin about those things.
2. This is also not for problems with roms, apps, installs, uninstalls or anything that involves your phone or tablet unless it is about viewing the site.
3. I don't need to be told about updates for the forum or plugins for it, I know about them and that is one of the top things on my list.
4. Please DO include any new or old features you would like to see added or removed from or to the site.
5. If you have found any broken links or images please let me know, I cant fix them if I don't know about them.
6. I believe Phydeux runs the IRC's, however I can fix things on them too if they need it and he is not around.
Thank You and sorry for the delay on all this,
Added to portal by PureEvil - October 31, 2013, 12:15:10 PM
Interested in development? See this thread! Developers workshop. Sign up while the doors are open!
Added to portal by Android Area 51 Staff - September 25, 2013, 10:07:15 AM
I'm personally working on setting up a "base" for our developers. I won't say what, but big things are coming for a few more devices.
Keep on trucking everyone and support the cause!
Added to portal by Big things are coming... - July 28, 2013, 02:08:35 PM
Pages:  2
Total Members: 28300
Total Posts: 28995
Total Topics: 3071
Total Categories: 33
Total Boards: 296